"Let light shine out of darkness."
-2 Corinthians 4:6
Gabby Rocco Let it Shine Foundation
We are an all volunteer organization striving to make a difference in surrounding communities.
The mission of the corporation is a non-denominational, Christ-centered organization offering support to the needs of families who have experienced tragedy by the loss of a minor child or minor sibling by disease or illness. We strive to improve quality of life by promoting well-being, reducing stress within the entire family, and providing resources to help children lead fun and fulfilling lives. These resources would be in the form of financial contributions towards the funeral and burial expenses, non-denominational Christian literature, counseling and prayer, financial contributions for preserving memories of the minor child or sibling, such as scrapbooks, memory quilts, memory chests, journals.
- Provide financial assistance to families for funeral and burial expenses.
- Provide assistance to preserve memories of the child, such as: scrapbooks, memory quilts, memory chests, journals, etc.
- Provide opportunities for “time-outs” from grief for siblings through age appropriate in-home activities and outside entertainment such as movie passes, theme park ticket.
- Provide respite support for grieving parents including help with daily household chores.
- Offer non-denomination Christ-centered spiritual support and encouragement including prayer, literature.
- Broker connections for families with outside support groups and counseling.
- Joan Rocco - President
- Peter Rocco - Vice President
- Michelle Duell - Secretary
- David DeCelle - Treasurer
- Rev. Lynne Curtis, LCSW- Grief Advisory Chair/Greif Support Group Coordinator and Facilitator
Let It Shine!
Supporting Families Grieving a Child
259 Pruyn Hill Road
Mechanicville, NY 12118
(518) 867 • 1559
2ND ANNUAL SCOTCH DOUBLES BOWLING
Join us at Hometown Lanes in Mechanicville on February 16, 2013 @ 9:30pm to have fun and help the Foundation raise money to support our mission. $20 per couple (3 couples per lane). Prizes, raffles, and our t-shirts and sweatshirts will be available. Call Dave DeCelle to reserve your lane or for more information: 376-4516.
GABBY'S PURPLE MANIACS DONATE
Thank you to GABBY'S PURPLE MANIACS for their $1,600 donation. The MANIACS raised awareness and money for the Foundation as they prepared and participated in the Adirondack Ragnar Relay. The twelve runners ran in relay from Saratoga Springs, NY to Lake Placid, NY. They ran the 200 mile race continually for 33 hours with the support of their drivers and medics. We appreciate all of their support!
(Runners: Marie Abraham, Dave DeCelle, Lou Rocco, Erin Rocco, Ann Gaetano, John LaVigne, Danielle Erno, Steve Grassmann, Joan Rocco, John Bolton, Keith West, Pam Bisaillon. Not pictured: Drivers Barb McGuire and Mark Bisaillon; Medics Suzie DeCelle and Marybeth Martone)
RUNNING TO REMEMBER
TEAM GABBY GABS participates in regional running races. There are over 25 athletes on the team ranging from first year runners to life-long competitors, but they all have the same goal: Raise awareness of our Foundation and Remember the children our families are grieving. After putting on the Purple, they proudly place a remembrance photo badge on their shirts. Each badge includes a picture of the child and his or her name. The runners are eager to share the story of that child they're "Running to Remember". (Photo: Some of the members of Team Gabby Gabs before the Firecracker 4 race in Saratoga Springs on July 4, 2012).